Sunday, May 3, 2009

LIFE OF A NOBLE GOVERNMENT SERVANT

It was a time when I have completed my graduation degree in engineering and got a chance to join the government organization. In our society, joining a government organization is a prestigious one (Low salary with a lot of command and power).
My first salary was in hundreds in digits and I bought a mobile form the salary to connect with my relatives and family. This was my first advancement in entering in the life style of upper class people.
I got married after three years of my service as a government employee. After a short span of time I got promotion, government car and a transfer letter l. This was an exciting day for me but transferring from one place to another was a new experience for me. I have shared this achievement with my wife and my family also. That day we had a dinner in a continental hotel.
I packed my entire bag and baggage and went to the new place. Now I made up my mind that transferring from one place to another is a part of government service. The next day when I reached to my office my new colleagues was standing for a warm welcome to say “Welcome Sir, Welcome”.
During my government service I bought a new car but that new car does not remain in my custody. I have to sell it for some family constraints.
After forty year of my service I realized that it is a time to make my dream true which I have buried forty years back. That dream was to own a house. I bought a plot away from the main city that I could only bought in my limited salary.
After two years of time, I made a half portion of my house. I took some loan from my family and from the bank. Some of my family members denied me to give loan by stating different excuses. But God knows that how someone feels when you live in an half built home.
Now I have four daughters and one son. I have to marry my elder daughter as it is the part of life. When I felt that it’s a good proposal, I marry my daughters. As it is the tradition of our society that daughter need to bring lot of luggage (JAHEEZ) form its husband. If parents do not fulfill their demands, the daughter has to face the pinching words of her husband and her family through out her life. I have also fulfilled the demands of them through my little salary and by taking more loans from my family. But God knows how I fulfilled that demands.
The life goes on and I got old. My life was now rotated around the different activities like paying the monthly installments of loan, arranging the food for the family, fulfilling the endless demands of my married daughters, and many more.
Now my son got his master degree when ten years of my retirement was left. I saw my future in my son that my son would be helping hand for me. But as soon as he got married and get his new job, he went abroad with her wife.
Now I had retired from my service. I had achieved many things in my life but I could not archive the love and warm feelings of hug of my younger son. I still pay the monthly installments of my house. At this stage I need a helping hand, but unfortunately I am a person who have hands but without a helping hand. Why it happens in life? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment